Intro to Shatta Wale Biography Charles Nii Armah Mensah Jr., (born October 17, 1984) is a Ghanaian-born producer and reggae-dancehall musician. He is
Intro to Shatta Wale Biography
Charles Nii Armah Mensah Jr., (born October 17, 1984) is a Ghanaian-born producer and reggae-dancehall musician. He is known by his stage name Shatta Wale (formerly Bandana), his best-known song is “Dancehall King”, which led to his winning the Artiste of the Year at the 2014 edition of the Ghana Music Awards.
Shatta Wale attended Aguafo Secondary School, he was known as “Baby boy” in his secondary school days but later changed his nickname to Bandana after graduating from senior secondary school. He released a track titled “Moko Ho Bandana From Ghana and he featured outstanding Ghana talents in the song. The song was a hit and it topped several charts and Ghana airwaves in the Ghana music industry after it was released in 2004.
ALSO READ: Shatta Wale’s Net Worth 2018 by Forbes
Shatta Wale’s Music Career
After he released his debut album Bandana from Ghana in 2004, Bandana went on a big break and rebranded to Shatta Wale. He then went ahead to release another song titled Dancehall King in 2013, the song gained acceptability in Ghana and turned into a big hit.
The rise of Shatta Wale in the Ghana Music industry happened in 2013 when he composed a song titled “Me No Need Award”, the song was composed against the organizers of the Ghana Music Awards because he claimed that they robbed him of the award of Dancehall Artiste of the year and gave it to Kaakie a female dancehall artiste. The song contains hate words and so became popular as media, bloggers and people publicized it; the song took the music industry by surprise and it led song led to his breakthrough and fame in the Ghanaian Music Industry.
Shatta was among hundreds of Ghanaians who welcomed the Queen’s Baton Relay on a tour of some Commonwealth countries, in January 2014. The tour was done ahead of the Commonwealth game which was to take place in August same year. Shatta was grateful for the privilege and took to social media to thank those who gave him the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
However, The Guardian, a British Newspaper rated Shatta Wale’s song “Wine Ya Waist” as one of 5 “Must Listen to Songs” in May 2014. The song which featured a popular Musician from Nigeria Music Industry Davido was well rated all over the world. It was Shatta Wale’s lucky year as his song “You Can’t Touch Me” was also used for the Dancers Against Racism Campaign all over the world.
READ ALSO: Watch How Gays Enjoyed Shatta Wale’s Gringo at A Private Gay Party [+Full Video]
Shatta went ahead to perform at an event in Gabon in 2015, he was banned from being nominated for Vodafone Ghana Music Award the same year even though he would have won the said award. The award was the prestigious Artiste and Song of the year, he would have easily clinched the award with his hit song Dancehall Commando ft Sarkodie, Wine Ya Waist ft Davido, his song Korle Gonno and his song Party All Night Long ft Jah Vinci, and other hit songs in released in the previous year.
He was asked not to be nominated for the award because he had an impending court case with the organizers of the said award (Charter House Production Limited); he was alleged to have made a defamatory statement against the CEO of Charter House Production Limited in a video he uploaded on Facebook.
Shatta Wale was nominated as The People’s Choice Male Musician of the Year at the Maiden GN Banks Awards in 2014, E-TV also named Shatta as the 38th Most Influential Ghanaian in their annual survey of Influential people in Ghana in the year 2015. He is popularly acknowledged as the Dancehall Messiah, he was said to have resurrected dancehall in Ghana and the whole of Africa.
Shatta has not only taken from his fans, but he also found a way to give back to society. The rich Dancehall artiste with a heart of Gold has given back to the people in several ways. The following philanthropist deeds have been recorded in his name:
- Shatta Wale along with others donated to the victims of the flood and fire that occurred in Accra, in which hundreds of people lost their lives on the 3rd of June 2015. They gave out food, water, Antiseptic Soap, Antiseptic Liquid, Sanitizers, Wipes, Clothes, and other items to support the victims. He was accompanied by Light A Million Lives and Quallo’s production, Gasmilla, Episode, Dada Halfco, and Keche.
- While many were spending time with families and friends during the Christmas festival in 2014 Shatta visited Ghana’s biggest hospital Korle-Bu to donate thousands of Ghana Cedi to the Children’s block.
- He donated some educational materials to some selected schools in collaboration Shatta Movement Management Team, the regional unit of the Ghana Educational Service, and the Techiman Traditional Council. Shatta did this on an educational campaign he started named “Shatta Back to School Campaign”.
- Shatta donated some items to the Police Hospital in Accra as part of his philanthropy works on the 8th of February 2016. The items include Wheel Chairs, 3 LED TV, Detergents, Beverages, etc also donated undisclosed cash to save the life of a young girl and to help with administrative works at the government-owned hospital. According to him, he chose the hospital because it was the hospital where he was born.
- Shatta also donated several books as part of his educational campaign to support Raising Readers Ghana Foundation established by Nana Anamoah, he donated the book ahead of the official launching of the foundation which seeks to cultivate and promote reading among Children between the ages of 6 to 13 years in Ghana.
READ ALSO: Shatta Wale – Thunder Fire feat Militants
Shatta Wale has received a couple of recognition from different types of companies across the country (Ghana). Below are some of the endorsements that he has won.
- Guinness Ghana Breweries announced Shatta Wale as one of their brand ambassadors Made for Black Campaign; he was announced along with other musicians like EL, Fuse ODG, and Reggie Rockstone in 2014.
- The dancehall superstar was also unveiled as a brand ambassador for Rush Energy Drink.
- Kasapreko Company Ltd, producer of several non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages in Ghana announced Shatta Wale as their newest brand ambassador for Storm Energy Drink in September 2017.
Shatta Wale’s Awards and Nominations
Shatta Wale has the following awards and nominations to his credit:
- Reggae Dancehall song of the year at Ghana Music Awards in 2013
- Most Gifted Reggae Dancehall Video at Channel O Music Video Awards in 2014.
- African Artiste of the Year at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards in 2014
- Best Male West Africa and Best Dancehall artiste at African Muzik Magazine Awards in 2014
- Artist of the Year, Best Collaboration of the Year, and Reggae/ Dancehall Song of the Year at Ghana Music Awards in 2014
- Best Performer of the Year, Best Collaboration of the Year, Best Video Dancehall, and Artiste of the Year at BASS Awards in 2014
- Best New Entertainer at International Reggae and World Music Awards in 2014.
- Best African Act at MOBO Awards in 2015
- People’s Choice Male Musician at GN Bank Awards in 2015
- Best Dancehall Artiste at African Muzik Magazine Awards in 2015
- Best Song at Swish HQ UK Awards in 2015
- Best Music Video at International Reggae and World Music Awards in 2015
- Publishers Choice at 3G Awards in 2015
- African Golden Discovery at Golden Movie Awards in 2016
- Best Song of the Year at Africa Europe DJ Awards in 2016
- Best Dancehall Artiste at Africa Entertainment Awards in 2016
- Best African Song at International Reggae and World Music Awards in 2016
- Best Music Video at International Reggae and World Music Awards in 2016
- Best Dancehall Icon of the Year at Ghana Kids Choice Awards in 2016
- African Male Artiste of the Year at Nigeria Entertainment Awards in 2016
- Dancehall Artiste of the Year at AFRIMMA Awards in 2016
- Artiste of the Year at Africa Youth Choice Awards in 2016
- DJ Song of the Year at Ghana DJ Awards in 2016
- African Dancehall Act of the Year at African Entertainment Legends Awards in 2016
- Best West African Video at Best West African Music Video Awards in 2016
- Ghana Musician of the Year- Male at City People Entertainment Awards in 2016
- Best International Act at African Royal Awards in 2016
- Ghana Music Honours at People’s Choice Awards in 2017
- Best Male Act at Ghana Naija Showbiz Awards in 2017
- Best Song at Ghana Entertainment Awards USA in 2017
- Man of the Year at EMY Africa Awards in 2017
- UK Collaboration of the Year at Ghana Music Awards in 2017
- Artiste of the Year at Ghana Music Awards UK
- Most Influential Artiste of the Year at Eastern Music Awards in 2017
- Best Entertainer at Ghana Entertainment Awards in 2017
- Artiste of the Year at African Pride Awards in 2017
- Best Event Set Up at Ghana Events Awards in 2017
- Afro Beats Artiste of the Year at Ghana Music Awards UK in 2017
- Best Dancehall Artiste at African Entertainment Awards (USA) in 2017
Finally, that’s all that we could lay our hands on for Shatta Wale’s Biography and Net Worth In Dollars 2022 by Forbes
Source: 247Hitz.Com | Shatta Wale Biography and Net Worth