Today I am going to reveal to you how to register MTN SIM online in Ghana very easily by following just a few steps.
The Nation Communication Authority of Ghana has ordered all telecommunication companies in Ghana including MTN Ghana to capture (or recapture) all their customers’ data via biometric registration.
Due to the pressure mounted on these telcos to meet the set deadline, their offices are always full of loyal customers who are ready to get their biometric data captured but there is a problem. The pressure of their systems has made capturing the data a slow process.
The solution: This is why they have introduced a new way to fill your data for MTN Ghana’s KYC (Know Your Customer) online.
READ ALSO: How to Get Free MTN Data Bundle.
In this article, I will show you a step-by-step guide on how to update or capture your biometric data with MTN Ghana without having to step foot at any of the MTN offices, thereby avoiding the queues that have characterized the procedure.
Requirements to Register Your MTN SIM Online in Ghana
In order to complete the registration of the SIM or update your biometric details, you will need to have the following details readily available on the device (phone/PC) you are using for the registration:
- Date of Birth
- ID Card (Ghana Card)
- Residential address (Ghana Post GPS code) – Here is how to get it
- Soft copy of Ghana Card (Take a photo with your phone)
- Soft copy of you holding the Ghana CARD (Clearly showing your face and the ID Card)Once you have these, you are ready to complete the process.
READ ALSO: MTN Mobile Money Charges in Ghana.
How to Link Your Sim Card with Your Ghana Card Via USSD
This is the first part. Follow the steps below if you want to do the SIM Card re-registration in Ghana so that you update your details and keep your number safe.
- Dial *404# on the SIM Card you want to register
- Enter Ghana Card PIN (Enter letters and figures without the hyphens)
- Confirm Ghana card PIN
- Enter your Surname, First Name, and other names
- Enter your Date of Birth in the format DDMMYY
- Select your Sex
- Confirm details
- Submit the details provided after confirmation
READ ALSO: How to Buy Vodafone 3 Cedis for 2GB Data.
How To Register Your MTN Sim Card Online in Ghana
When you are done with the first part, follow the steps below to update your details with the MTN SIM registration portal online:
- Visit MTN Ghana SIM Registration porta: https://simregistrationupdate.mtn.com.gh/ on your phone/PC
- Enter your phone number
- Wait for OTP, enter the OTP and press enter
- Fill in the details required on the page
- Upload your Ghana Card soft copy
- Upload a photo of you holding the Ghana Card
- Check the agreement to the data collection box
- Click on Submit.
SEE ALSO: AirtelTigo Night Bundle Code & Prices Now.
It is expected that the NCA together with the Telcos will come up with a more efficient way to go through the whole sim re-registration process, especially for corporate entities and businesses who have hundreds of SIM cards they use.
Subscribe to our notifications to receive the latest updates on your device as soon as we publish them.
Credit: 247Hitz.Com | How to Register Your MTN SIM Online in Ghana