Embedded SIM popularly known as e-SIM has been introduced in Ghana for some time now and many people now have phones that comes with the embedded SIM feature. In the light of this, I would like to take the opportunity to explain to you how to activate e-SIM in Ghana for free without hassle. Read this article to the end if you really want to activate e-SIM on you smartphone.
What do you know about e-SIM?
e-SIM is an acronym for Embedded SIM. It is a sim card that can be installed on any device that supports the embedded SIM feature unlike the traditional SIM card that will require you to insert it into the mobile device.
Almost all the new phones that are being manufactured now have this feature. Check out our step by step guide below to learn How to Activate e-SIM in Ghana.
How to Activate e-SIM in Ghana
Activating e-SIM in Ghana is one of the easiest thing to do. It doesn’t require any special knowledge to do so. Follow the step-by step guide below to activate e-SIM on any network in Ghana.
- Dial *#06# to check for e-SIM compatibility. If your device has an EID number then it is compatible if not it does not support e-SIM.
- Visit any branch of your network service provider.
- Request to activate e-SIM on your device. (If you want to activate it on your old number, they will do a SIM swap for you in order to activate the e-SIM — READ this article to learn more)
- You will be provided with a QR Code.
- Install the eSIM on your iPhone or Android supported device.
- Scan the QR Code given to you by your network service provider
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the e-SIM installation
Take note that each network service provider has their own way and requirements for e-SIM activation however the above procedure is widely used.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to activate e-SIM in Ghana?
It doesn’t coast anything to activate e-SIM in Ghana.
What is Required to Activate e-SIM in Ghana?
You will need a QR code from your network service provider and an embedded SIM supported smartphone.
How to does it take to get my e-SIM fully activated?
Your e-SIM will be fully activated in 24 to 48 hours time after activation
Which networks support e-SIM in Ghana?
Vodafone Ghana, AirtelTigo, MTN Ghana, and Glo Ghana are the mobile networks in Ghana support e-SIM activation since 2022
How many devices can I activate e-SIM on in Ghana?
There is no limit to the number of devices you can activate e-SIMs on in Ghana.
Can Existing Subscribers Activate e-SIM in Ghana?
Yes, existing customers with the traditional SIM card can walk in to any branch of their network service provider for activation.
Is MEID the same as EID?
No! MEID refers to Mobile Equipment Identifier and is not the same as EID.
If you found this article helpful, kindly join us on Whatsapp, Facebook, Telegram and Tiktok. Share this to others so that they can also benefit from the article.
Source: 247Hitz.Com | How to Activate e-SIM in Ghana