AngloGold Ashanti Job Recruitment 2020: Mechanical Supervisor – Process Plant
AngloGold Ashanti Job Recruitment 2020: Mechanical Supervisor – Process Plant | AngloGold Ashanti is inviting interested and suitably qualified candidates for the AngloGold Ashanti Recruitments 2020. If you are looking forward to working with a global mining firm, then you should check below if you qualify for the position(s) listed.
AngloGold Ashanti is a global gold mining company with mines and exploration projects in four different regions namely – Continental Africa, Americas, Australasia, and South Africa. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
Job Title: Mechanical Supervisor – Process Plant
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
The Mechanical Supervisor – Process Plant is accountable for the monitoring and control of the output of Processing Plant structural, mechanical, plate work and pipe works refurbishment to standard, through the application of operational policies, standards, processes and procedures to maximize plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero-defect objectives & safety
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Gather information for the Mechanical Superintendent – Processing Plant for reporting performance
- Ensure maximum efficiency of equipment and high plant availability in a safe and sustainable manner by efficiently and effectively maintaining and improving all fixed plant mechanical installations.
- Support the mechanical refurbishment and maintenance of Processing Plant in the project and transition into operations.
- Lead a group of mechanical tradespeople consisting of mechanical fitters, fabricators, and boilermakers. Coordinating the day to day issuing of work orders and assisting with any breakdown work daily for the processing plant during the Phase1 & 2 Operations.
- Assist the Mechanical Superintendent – Processing Plant to develop condition monitoring routes and checks for processing equipment.
- Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary.
- Generate work requests in SAP as required for refurbishment/maintenance planning and scheduling.
- Ensure routine condition monitoring tasks are performed on all the rotating equipment by data collection using advanced portable data collectors and other tools according to the established schedules and as per the plant requirements.
- Actively participate in maintenance review programs and the Root Cause Failure Analysis process of mechanical equipment as per requirements.
- Conduct reviews of the refurbishment fabrication, later maintenance, of the Processing Plant to identify actions for continuous improvement.
- Monitor the general physical condition of plant assets and report
- Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary.
- Gather information on vibration & other data collected in order to diagnose/troubleshoot rotating machinery problems.
- Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives.
- Propose cost savings projects.
- Execute work in a timely manner; coordinate refurbishment fabrication work contractors to the time plan, escalate real or potential delays.
- Monitor equipment performance on the asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
- Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Maintenance Management, or equivalent.
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses
- An experienced mechanical maintenance Supervisor with 5+ years’ experience in, preferably, Metallurgical processing plant maintenance.
- Experience with Maintenance/Operating of Processing Plants.
- Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC).
- Knowledge of SAP PM Module.
- Must possess a Sectional Engineer’s Certificate of Competency from the Mineral Commission of Ghana.
- Professional Certificated Supervisor with a relevant certification body.
- Strong mechanical maintenance competencies in mining and/or extractive metallurgy environment
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail-oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Able to work with different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click here to apply.
Subscribe to our notifications if you would like to receive future job opportunities or listings. Also, you will receive the latest updates as soon as we publish them. Share this article: “AngloGold Ashanti Job Recruitment 2020: Mechanical Supervisor – Process Plant” with your friends, family, and loved ones on the various social media platforms.